The 1st International Conference on Recent Advances in Robust Argumentation Machines (RATIO-24) will take place from June 5th-7th, 2024, in Bielefeld, Germany.
In recent years, we have witnessed significant advances in our ability to develop approaches that support the automated analysis, summarization, aggregation, retrieval and ranking of arguments exchanged “in the wild” at large scale. By “in the wild” we mean arguments exchanged on the web in debate portals or other online formats where users share opinions and viewpoints on topics relevant to them. Argument analysis methods have indeed reached a level of maturity and robustness that make them applicable to the analysis of real online debates, to find the main arguments exchanged, to summarize and group arguments, or even to automatically generate arguments to present different viewpoints and perspectives.
We call for submissions of original research work on the following topics:
- automatic semantic analysis of arguments, including tasks such as stance detection, keypoint identification, attack/support classification, etc.
- analysis of arguments in discourse and dialogue
- automatic synthesis and generation of arguments
- summarization of arguments
- argument retrieval
- methods for predicting argument quality
- ranking of arguments according to, e.g., quality
- methods for rephrasing and repurposing arguments
- inferring the frame, viewpoint or perspective of an argument
- common sense knowledge in the automated analysis of arguments
- scalable reasoning methods for arguments
- applications of argument analysis in domains such as political discourse, law, science, education, finance, social sciences, etc.
Papers will be peer-reviewed and published by Springer in the LNCS series.
Two types of papers will be accepted:
- Long Papers (up to 15 pages including references): Description of substantive and original research.
- Short Papers (up to 8 pages including references): Description of work in progress or original research contribution of limited scope.
Papers should be submitted via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ratio24
Please use the RATIO LNAI Template for your Submission.